1. It is super duper simple 2. It is super duper delicious.
You guys should really really give it a try. Syok woooooooo...!!
Btw..Made this cake last Saturday (August 7, 2010) for my lovely daughter Eryna's birthday. She already turn 1 but without the teeth just yet.
Now as for the recipe,
2 cups self raising flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cups Van Houten cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cups corn oil
2 cups boiling water
1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bicarbonate.
- Add in sugar. Then pour beaten egg then the corn oil.
- Add hot water a little at a time. Batter will be thin.
- Mix the ingredients until there is no lumps. Lastly add in vanilla essence.
I bake in a 9-inch round pan at 375°F / 190 Celcius for about 35 minutes.
As for the topping, there is so many ways to do it. Of course i'll make the easiest yet still super yummy. Heheee..
Just melt 1/2 of the cooking chocolate bar with a spoon of butter and 1/2 cup of chocolate milk. The best way to melt it is using double boil technique. Pour into the cake while it's still hot as it will mmmeelllltt innnto the cake.
-The cake- (Gambar sebenar kejadian ye)